Bidimensionnel killed the QR code

I just don't even know where to start. I'm feeling battered and bruised from this month's PQ victory and what Paul Wells calls a bloody language war to end all wars. Ok, he didn't say that. But he scared me nonetheless. And where do I go with this label analysis, I ask you? Will it be death by sheer number of letters? Will our French language labels start battering us over the head with their plus-long explanations?! 


But if I have to start, I will say this, from a mere west coast anglophone to a mighty Quebecois language WARRIOR, wtf? I quite like your use of balayez

Sérieusement. Well, I was enamoured, until I realized it had nothing to do with  mountain-climbing. An irrefutable source    (Dictionaripedia) states that     
    "balayez" means both "sweep"  
   and  "sweep aside"     
    <furrowed brow>, which of course is 
    nothing like "scan". I think
    Does this mean the 
     PQ will "balayez" the    
     Constitution?! 
     Cric! Crac! Croc! 

Oh, and before I forget, if it takes someone, say a teenager, more than a nanosecond to read the instructions for a QR code, then, um, oh, sh*t, I missed my bus.

I'm just saying. Conserving letters is vital TO THE SURVIVAL OF THE HUMAN RACE. However terrified I am that the PQ will end Canada as I know it, I am so relieved to learn that a QR code is bi-dimensional. Phew. Can't touch me now bill 101. Over and out from a primarily-anglophone-but-French-loving west coast movie theatre. (Bourne Legacy in case you wondered)

BTW: pretty sure an *asterisk in any language means "fat chance of winning" - oh, and because its copy is way down at the bottom of this page, I'll bring forth the irrefutable Bill Murray on plus-long translations:

No comments: